Sunday, May 15, 2016

Creature From the Pit Part I

I started working on Romana's Creature From the Pit costume a few months ago, using June Hudson's costume design sketch, as well as watching the episode numerous times.

The dress is a high-low hem, with a panel stretching from hip to hip in the front.

What was screen-worn breaks down as follows:

White finely pleated silk georgette dress with spray painted hems
Beaded corselette
Silver tights
Silver high-low boots with laces (spray painted on bottom)
White headband made from dress fabric

This was Lalla's least favorite costume, but it happens to be my most favorite. I had been wanting to do this dress for a very long time, but I still haven't been able to track down the correct fabric. I ordered pleated chiffon, and after constructing the dress, it did not work out. I ended up using a crinkled chiffon, which worked a lot better.


No comments:

Post a Comment